At Claus Paws Animal Hospital, we offer comprehensive geriatric veterinary care for senior pets because we understand the specific health needs of aging animals. Your pet needs a little extra care and attention as they get older in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle well into their senior years.
We recommend annual preventive care visits for senior cats and dogs. Our experienced doctors will fully examine your pet to make sure there aren’t any hidden health problems that could cause serious issues later on. We believe prevention is better than the cure, so please bring your senior pet for a vet visit on a regular basis.
Our geriatric veterinary services include:
- Complete physical exam. We carefully check your pet for signs of age-related medical problems.
- Bloodwork. Blood tests show the overall health of your pet’s internal organs and can also identify early signs of illness.
- Nutrition and diet review. Older pets tend to eat less, so their diet needs change to provide essential nutrients and vitamins to maintain their overall well-being.
- Behavior. Changes in your senior pet’s behavior could signal a medical issue.
Our pets are experts at hiding pain which is why routine veterinary exams are an important part of your aging pet’s overall well-being.
You know your pet best. If you notice some of the following problems, your pet may need a checkup:
- Decreased appetite
- Increased urination
- Mobility issues — difficulty sitting, standing, or jumping
- Poor hygiene/self-grooming
- Sensitivity to sounds
- Change in sleep cycles
To learn more about Claus Paws geriatric pet services, please call us at (360) 896‑7449 today.